For many years now, Year 6 pupils have undertaken a trip to France to visit their pen friends in Normandy.
- Everyone arrives at school to board the coach.
- We depart from school and travel to Portsmouth.
- At approximately 2:00pm, we stop for a meal before continuing to Portsmouth to begin an overnight journey to St Malo.
- We arrive in St Malo.
- We visit a local French market and various places of interest on the Normandy coast.
- We arrive at the Gite early afternoon to settle in before visiting the Palm Beach café by the lake.
- We travel to our pen friends' school to spend the day them.
- We enjoy a variety of activities and have lunch in the school with our pen friends.
- In the evening, we have dinner at Palm Beach Café with some of our pen friends.
- We return to the Gite for some well earned sleep.
- We travel to our friends' school and join them on a visit to a local market.
- Later in the afternoon, we return to the Gite to get ready to return to the school for a party.
- During the party we enjoy a meal organised by our pen friends' parents.
- We leave the Gite by coach to spend the day at the War Museum, beaches in Arromanches and Pegasus Bridge, and the American War Graves and the War Graves in Bayeaux.
- In the morning we visit the other school with which we are partnered.
- We visit the local town, Falaise, for some shopping before a return to Gite.
- We enjoy the highlight of the week: a barbecue cooked by Mr Roberts!
- We have a very early start to catch the ferry home.