We are very proud to be a Green Flag Eco School and we work hard to maintain this status. Our aim is to encourage an ethos that cares and protects our world and the people in it.
Our responsibilities include supporting fairtrade, litter picking, monitoring energy and water usage, reducing waste and encouraging a healthy lifestyle. As well as running the school's fruit tuck shop, the Abermorveg group runs a food co-op, which supports the local community and reduces food miles.
Our next goal is to achieve platinum status!
Composting and recycling
Cutting the waste
Our school works together
Nurturing our school
Caring for our world
Insects and wildlife
Loving our world
The pupils within the Eco Council have established the following targets for 2016:
- To discourage pupils from bringing sweets to school for snack or lunch.
- To start a fitness programme.
- To ask the caretaker to use environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- The Recycling Monitor will encourage others to recycle more bottles and plastic waste.
- The Eco Council will inform the school about the importance of reducing waste, reusing and recycling during an assembly service.
- To encourage the wider use of the outdoor environment throughout the curriculum.
- To increase class participation in Forest School activities.
- To reduce gas and electric bills at the school.
- Mrs Higginson will be attending a workshop run by Flintshire County Council about reducing energy usage.
- The Energy Monitors will carry out a lighting survey and put stickers on lights that are not required.
- To ensure lights and other electrical equipment are switched off when not in use.